Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Active Listening

Realization clutching threads

A twist a twist and it all knots up
Throw it away or go through the tedious process of untying it all.
What will it gain, what is the worth
Why are we here, I ask in that mindset
Which echoes so loudly within my head
But when it comes out it feels hollow...
There is a cosmic event
And I can choose to ignore it
Or allow the shift within
Without is not important in this regard
There is no banner to fly to say
I've fixed it, I'm better now.
Not one that won't be ignored,
Or someone else will want to
Emblazon it to say they've been there too.
The real warriors carry their own flags
And nod at yours with respect
But do not touch.
Perhaps they offer a sage word.
There is an art to aiding in healing the broken.

It starts with listening
And ends with feeling heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment