Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Within//Without

 If only I could

I would
Burn all the death from your head and soul
Go to war against the darkness that plays Hel
Against your very being

If only a mutual understanding
Could be more of a salve
I would apply it gently until you felt you could fly again.

But I know all too well what you're up against
This knowledge, does it bear you well or drag you down?

I ask if I am a help or a hindrance and fail
To discover an answer.

Perhaps, until it is too late
I always hope that it isn't, but I know what it is
To teeter on the edge of the abyss
Only hoping for escape
For solace
For solitude and a peace that never seems to stick...

Does bearing my darkness to you
Help you feel less alone in it or...
Does my reminder of the availability of light make you sick from my presence?

I hate to know not, and yet...I know nothing but what is inside of me.

I feel, I'll always come up short in aiding, revealing or guiding, for my path is crooked, wayward and not thine.

Would I lead you to agreeing to destruction or has something asked you to stay that gives you enough drive to continue?

I am selfish, and I want you to stay, but also understand what I ask, is expensive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment